Wednesday, May 23, 2012

These Are Not My Parents

The things I say and do are never as funny or appropriate as they were in my head. For example, when I saw this picture on awkwardfamilyphotos.com I had a hearty laugh.



Then I thought, "Wouldn't it be hilarious to carry this picture around in your wallet and tell people they were your parents?" I sent it to a few friends via facebook and they concurred with my hysterical hypothesis. I even printed it off and told a co-worker of my planned prank. However, I got busy and left the picture in the materials room for a few days.

This afternoon, while I was upstairs in my office, my boss saw the photo and was a bit alarmed (who wouldn't be?).
"Who is this?" she asked in a concerned tone.
"Jeanette's parents," responded my co-worker.
"Oh dear." replied my boss, as she probably reevaluated her choice to hire me.

My co-worker laughed and tried to explain the photo's true origin, but my boss didn't quite understand.
After I heard about it and everyone in the materials room had a good chuckle, I stopped by her office to clarify. She seemed relieved that I am not the child of rifle and parrot enthusiasts, but still probably wonders why I thought it would be funny to claim such. I'm wondering that too.

4 comments:

  1. Well, I think it's funny. I'd claim it at my work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think, if you never would have printed it out, you never would have had this story to tell, and that would be a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a hilarious picture! Maybe your boss was more concerned about you printing personal pictures at work? Especially pictures with firearms? Who knows? I would laugh though! :)

    ReplyDelete